"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, March 18, 2005

Farewell, dear sister. I didn't expect it this soon.

It is like any other social upheaval; it is a horror and, yet, not expected. My sister is placing her carriage on Amtrak's "Auto Train" and returning to Rhode Island much sooner than expect. This leaves me at a loss I can not express in writing. Oh, I know all the furniture is "just in storage"; but so is my heart; in addition I will now be left to my own devices: a situation no one could possible want. So I have posted a small, very small tribute to Peter Barry, my sister the Countess du Barry. (I think we have one or two more nights left, so don't count us out, yet.)

4 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Wayne Cronin said...

Ah, absence - heart - fonder, and all that! Well now I expect regular updates from the Countess du Barry of Rhode Island.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Quite right, Wayne; maybe the bitch will finally to some writing instead of cooking!

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Change always gives the ass an unfriendly pinch, with some time you'll be traipsing up to RI for raucous nights of laughter and champagne flutes.

Hugs babydoll,
k

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

knottyboy, I always have you to "fall" back on. How about a date at the Palm Beach Polo Club on April 17?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home