"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, September 16, 2007

I can't take another bumpy night, but we will all revel in the treachery of All About Eve tonight at Scottie's 10 PM movie party at Twist, upstairs in the comfort of the VIP room. "Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke." --Margo Channing. I remember reading once that the infamous dress Davis wore as she ascended the staircase uttering the "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." was actually made one size too big and she decided to wear it with the straps off the shoulders.


"That I should want you at all suddenly strikes me as the height of improbability." -- Addison DeWitt. After Clifton Webb, my childhood idol was George Sanders' Addison DeWitt.




"We're all busy little bees, full of stings, making honey day and night. Aren't we, honey?" --Margo Channing. A wondrous script of snips and stabs taught many a gay boy the joy of being viscous. We won't be screaming with laughter like last week, but I can hear the ooo's and ah's now.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

Ah, I've idolized both George Sanders and Clifton Webb since I discovered All About Eve and Laura as a teenager.

Btw, I think you mean vicious, not viscous. Unless you mean that gay men learned from All About Eve to be be liquid with a glutinous consistency.

I like your site very much.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Note to self: Use Spell Check!!!
I've always had a problem with that word; thanks Ari.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home