"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, June 18, 2012

Mr. Astor finally came home from the hospital; he had a superb room on the penthouse floor, and everyone was as nice as pie, but I like my pie at home.  As it turned out, Leopoldo didn't have a heart attack, but a breakdown of his esophagus that lead to all the other symptoms.  I asked the doctor if drinking eight glasses of Coca Cola had any way been in there, and he said said, "Yes.  It is one of the most corrosive liquids out there".  (This reminded me of a story I heard as as a child about how Coke could take the rust off of a chrome, car bumper."   Well, we collected him and brought him back to La Casa, where he fell in love with our bed.  As we all know, you don't know what you have lost until it is gone (and they paved over the park to put up a parking lot...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home