"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Happy French Independence Day


We always had a ball on July 14 in New York. Lahoma, Rupaul, and Larry Tee lived at 5 Ninth Avenue just at the top of Gaansvort Street which was always closed for for French Independence Day. There would be drag queen can-can dancing, lots of street performers, and just a hell of a good time. Today I ran around like a queen about to have her head cut off (oops) trying to find a French flag; I did and we hoisted it next to our Rainbow one. It is glorious, and I will spend the rest of the day celebrating life, liberty and the pursuit of French boys.

Here is a picture I took last Monday of LPJ (my Little Pal Johnny) at our Fourth of July party. As you can see, he didn't disappoint anyone with his patriotic outfit. Good ol' LPJ; he's lasted a lot longer than most do on the arm (and other things) of Mrs. Astor.

And, once again, God Bless the French and all they have given America, like help in the Revolution, Lafayette, red wine, cute boys, Pompadour hair,
fashion beyond belief, and more cute boys. Whatever differences we have are the ilk of stupid politicians; perhaps if WE had a guillotine for our leaders things might be better here. But, forget all that because it is time to celebrate, and that we will.

7 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

LPJ is a beautiful boy. You are so fortunate to claim his friendship.

I will be seeing
another 'beautiful boy' this weekend as I venture into the wilderness known as The Berkshires of Massachusetts. Randy Harrison of Queer as Folk is starring as Alan Strang in Equus at the Berkshire Theater Festival in Stockbridge, Mass. A worthwhile reason to brave nature and rural living. (Of course I am staying at an excellent hotel, so hopefully nature won't bite)

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

I will storm your tower and let your prisoners free Mrs. I am not sure what that means, but interpret it as you will--I am drunk on power. Soon I will be drunk on alcohol. Love!

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

liberte egalite fraterniteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(and what a lovely picturiteeeeeeee!)

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Rambo, Ed, and Ian: I fucking love you all. Ian, I'm going to lick your balls in honor of Bastille day, Ed, I'm going to lick your ass til the cows home. And, Rambo, I'm gonna lick everthing else on you.

Happy Bastille Week!!!!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Rambo, I'm reminded of the famous Fran Liebowitz quote: "My idea of The Great Outdoors is that part of Manhattan that exists between my doorman and the cab waiting for me." Have fun in the wilderness, but make sure the sheets are 300 count..... love ya honey.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I'm sorry, Ms. Bees; I'll take a bath and clean up my act. No, on second thought I'll give a tounge bath to the first busboy that crosses my path.

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More pics of LPJ, girl! PLEASE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home