"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, March 26, 2006

The New Legion


One thing I've learned about life in a palace is that you have to be one step ahead of intrigue. With The Countess knighting boys and the reliability of Ben and the 12th in question, don't think my mind wasn't on the situation back on The Beach. I knew my absence would be the perfect springboard for some upstart so I planned accordingly.

My plan? To form a new regiment, with a new, exciting uniform. Boys love new uniforms and I, well, love my boys (as long as they are loyal). I used the trip to Disney to purchase a new and daring hat for my boys and appropriately named the new unit, The Tinkerbell Legion. As I expected, it was a hit and assured the continued loyalty of The Palace garrison. Today I have invited Jeremy to give a lecture (one of his favorites), "Why A Good Peasant Village Is A Smoldering Peasant Village". If the sight of lavander battle hats approaching doesn't spread fear amongst the peasants, I don't know what will.

5 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Hahaha - I LOVE the new uniform! I look forward to loyally serving this newest regiment of your Court, dear Sir Uncle Alexis. I've always wanted to be a battling fairy! Vive le Lavander!

Love Always,
Jesse :-)

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Battling Fairies....paging Steven Spielberg.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Absolutely LOVE the uniform...such a handsome look for the loyal troops....The Fairy Force.

And my two knights, Sir Bryan and Sir Brian, are from out of town, not from the Palace, so stop whining about them. As for Ben, what can I say, he can be bought for new needles for his Quilting Bee.

xxxooo The Countess

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

OMG!!

I just saw my icon on your link list. Thank you, Ian. I am thrilled.

But now I am under pressure to write interesting things in my blog...uh oh *grinds teeth* I need another massage from Hugo!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Showtune said...

Of course I even had a lavendar/pink/etc. infused shirt on too! Do I always look so friggin' gay? (and I mean that in the best sense of the word!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home