"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, September 15, 2006

Silly Land


I took the day off and made the tragic decision to stop at the Palace at noon. The known criminals were there and I got corralled into another discussion with Chris, who has flown in again from Switzerland for a few days. Before I knew it, Dr. Brad was squirreling me off to an endless afternoon of happy hours. Seeing Henrietta can always spark a Balkan war.
We, of course, said "Hi" to Jere who is that expert gymnast who can do supposedly wonderful things with his legs.
Giuseppi at The Bungalow Bar of Twist also had many things to offer an afternoon, thirsty crowd. He tries to be straight, but like all Italians can switch sides when needed.

But, in the end, it was my dear friend Thomas Barker who held the cards. In this case I stood up in the middle of The Senate floor and accused him of dealing in Confederate currency. "Is there no decency," I exclaimed, only to reminded of where I was and why I was there. Yes, Twist still deals in Confederate currency; at least the type Thomas prints up at home.

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

It is a bit embarassing when Ditmar has to set on your chest as a barback pours drink after drink down your throat and you kicking and screaming... hmmmm, no I couldn't sell that story to a virgin...

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha.. Alexis..you are HO-larious..and BY THE WAY..that sex-on-legs bartender hottie is NOT named "jere"..its Ger. That's G-E-R. Thankyouverymuch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home