"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, February 08, 2007

At first, I thought I was going to be too down to carry through with the Fisher party. Two days of accompanying my friend from one doctor after another concerning the blood clot resulted in the final three doctors agreeing "to wait and see". (It reminded me of the clip in "Nicholas and Alexandra" when Nicky askes the doctors, "Well, what can you do?" about his son's hemophilia attack and the nervous doctor replies, "Wait? That's all we can do.")

Nevertheless, Mrs. Astor promised The Fisher Twins a party and we gave them one. By the look of things, it was going to be a good night for them..Life carries on no matter what happens.


Phillippe and Florian brought their glamorous mom with them.


When Ditmar and his parents arrived they put on a CD of Biergarten music and started what was to be a general polka-type of dance by everyone. I looked, at one poin,t at the passersby; they had no clue. It had all the atmosphere of the Weimar Republic, most of the decadence, and a lot of beer.

I was supposed to alot some time to run to a German bakery for a cake, but decide that my favorite Argentine one would do. I had zipped back and forth all day and was rather exhausted; come on, there are enough Germans in Argentina to justify it.


Happy birthday boys; sorry I couldn't stay as late as I would have liked, but we all had a good time celebrating your popularity at and loyalty to The Palace.


2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I see the Germans are still not a very smiley bunch.

I'm sure your big cake was a hit though.

Tramp.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Happy Birthday, Fisher Twins!! We Love Thee!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home