"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, March 23, 2007

Today is Ultra Day 1. Starting this afternoon the world’s top DJ’s and electronic acts begin performing in Bicentennial Park to the 50,000 mostly young people who have paid $70 to gyrate all day. The dancing goes on until midnight, but it doesn’t end there; in fact, it has no end. Within blocks from the park the huge dance clubs open their doors at 10 PM to the crowd, and the dancing continues until noon, Saturday. Magically, Bicentennial Park opens at noon for Ultra Day 2 and the same clubs start preparing to open again that night.



Drag Heaven comes to me tonight when Susannne Bartsch and my old buddies from The Copacabana tear up the super-glamorous Setai. It will be like slipping into the past and will be very "Ultra" for me. I got to know and love South Beach by traveling down with Susanne (second from the right with arm extended) for wild weekends of debauchery and photography at The Warsaw Ballroom. I had never seen so many Latin boys wearing so little doing so much; "Some Day", I would think.
Looking at this 15-year-old photo and some of my recent ones makes me realize not too much has changed.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Are you sporting a real mustache in that picture?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home