"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, September 17, 2007

Geraldine cracks me up. A more sincere, caring, and talented person you could never meet; every day we laugh at the silly things that pass in front of us every day. Both of us can cut an outfit without using a pattern; it's one of those things like riding a bike that you never loose. She makes the most wondrous outfits every week and Mr. Astor and I went to the Cuban restaurant, Yuca, on Saturday night to watch her perform with Queen Cabaret to a straight audience. They didn't scream, but they stood and clapped.
Like all of us, Geraldine doesn't miss the opportunity to use her "position of power" for benefit.

I often think that it would be best to leave this crazy-ass world I exist in and improve my gardening. I also know that, once you are sucked into the crazy-ass world, you can never easily climb out. Maybe with therapy or some other type of help... Yet, Mr. Astor tells me to "shush" and enjoy the show; I think that's what everyone has always told me (and photograph it along the way). It is The great Drag Quagmire.


3 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

I can't wait to get "dragged" into the Great Drag Quagmire next month. It has been too long since my senses have been assaulted by the cacophony of South Beach.

Hugs and kisses to Geraldine and Tiffany. I am so looking forward to seeing them again!!

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geraldine is awesome!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Ed, it's more like taupe capri pants here on South beach. And, you left out the Latino secretary on my lap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home