"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, February 25, 2008


I promised Scott Simpson, in self-imposed exile in Cleveland Ohio, that I would pick up the pace of posting; it is so easy to drop the pen when you have someone like Mr. Astor to play with. However, tonight we are called out for the Academy Awards of Drag, The Shelley Novak Awards. Of particular interest for us is the opening show of one of the the nominees, our very own Geraldine and her Queen Cabaret.


As a card-carrying member of PETA, I could not entertain the thought of attending while dragging (oops) a mink or even an ermine cape as I enter. But, I can assure the public that the bigs guns, the big jewels, will come out tonight. As a young society girl I had always heard that the older you get the bigger the gems become, and it is so true. One only has to look at The Baroness Seitzinger to see that; in that case I would add the more you spend for your title, the more you spend on your jewels. Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish is another example, but she just keeps losing her rings during those romantic moments in her reading room. Oh, well; it is Miami Beach, after all, and if you can't wear it, flaunt it, and lose it all in one evening, you deserve to be in Cleveland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home