"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Call me "old fashioned', but aren't we supposed to employ the Peter Barry's of our time to return us to that world we knew and loved? Am I crazy? None of us had a lot of money, but we had connections to things like respectability, knowledge, and a sense of history that provided fun while we were educating others. Knee breeches and powdered wigs were so common; you just had to look in a "drag box" for them. They got you into any Friday night party in Newport. Peter did the rest: a slight wave of the hand or the secret word got you up the driveways and steps to Paradise. Come back Little Sister.

2 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Contessa du Barry said...

I would love to come down but I am under construction.Looks like I won't be down til sometime in April...
boy I can't wait.Please save your sister a Martini at Twist

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

OMG that picture is Iconic Peter Barry!! The Party King!

Even in my short reign in the Northern Court we have had Tiaras at the Palace; Brunch at the Ritz; and Hats at the Pool Party....AND the most fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner ever served in the Northern Court! All thanks to Peter Barry.

Have those times passed us by? I hope not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home