"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, December 05, 2009

The Countess Bedelia wrote a touching remembrance of her beloved dog, Mai Ling, and it brought shudders to me. Last night I dreamt that KiKi fell into a large hole and I had to jump in and get him out; this morning, I entered the kitchen to see doggie napkins, packaged in the cupboards for one year had somehow fallen out. I am so spooked.

I look at him now and see an old dog being carted around in a wagon and remember when he used to sit with me at my desk and smile. It seems so long ago.

Today's holiday party has been cancelled by The Baroness because she has not finished her Nativity Scene. (I knew God would help me.) So we are all to meet at Twist this afternoon and will sing old standards like "Deck the Halls With Gin and Holly" and "Come, All Ye Drunkards." Ah, tradition. Of course, Miami is under a Tornado Watch this afternoon, which will make it all the more festive.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two youngsters are too adorable! Have a fun afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home