"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, January 20, 2010


It's not often that I wake for a breakfast made for ME; that's more because I forbid Mr. Astor from going near any pot or appliance. But today I awoke to a wonderful plate of my own words. In response to my rantings about the richest town in Florida, I got this on my breakfast plate compliments of The Mayor's Chief of Staff:


It's okay, Mrs. Astor. I like your site. I remember stumbling across it when I used to do a little column for the Sun Post. And yes, Adonis (above with the mayor and Henrietta) is one of the volunteers. I believe it was his idea, or at least so I've heard.

This was after an apology from me when she wrote that a sizable number of City firefighters are using their vacation time to go to Haiti. I need a triple dose of Xanax. Between the death of Kiki, the earthquake images, and all of us here at La Casa not really knowing what the year ahead holds for us, I sort of cracked. I even hit a friend for some loony reason, and everyone knows that;s not me. I've just been cracking...like those walls in Haiti.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just take it one hour at a time, babe, and you will get through it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home