"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, January 24, 2010

So, yes, it was therapeutic after all to be around all those happy dogs and their happier owners. I kept a photo of KiKi next to the crystal ball and his book nearby, too. Everyone was very thoughtful and kind, and I tried to return it by being the best fortune teller in town. There was an awful amount of press and even one movie maker filming the hold event. And there was a line, a long line for my all-seeing thoughts; there was also a long line of "waters" for me to keep my gray cells pumping. We had a blast.
There was a celebrity appearance by Miss Tiffany (complete with bullhorn to announce her upcoming performance). I told her that I saw her loosing her voice if she continued to muscle in on my act, but was only kidding. I was about to cut out her tongue and throw it to the dogs.





It was heartening to see how much people love their pets.

Children are actually tolerable when they are with their pets; they are mesmerized when you tell them that their little friend is going to be the first dog astronaut or talk show host.



Children are fascinated by a crystal ball; you can actually maneuver it so that actually think they see something. It is one of the most amazing aspects of this little job. I've known Angel and his beloved Lyka for many years; this year I got to meet Lyka's daughter. Life goes on.



For once, Lucy came looking for something other than a treat. Since her constant companion, KiKi, left she's been sleeping in his bed. Lucy want me to contact him to say how much she missed him.

All dogs are welcome at The Weinerfest and Jaime brought his two little treasures.

This group of brothers and cousins not only had their dog's fortune told, but learned that they were destined to become pool boys. You have to always have the future in mind in this business.

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you that you had a good day.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Thankfully, yes. It reminded us that Life Goes On and KiKi was just a bark away from the fray. I never realized he could be so close until I saw all his friends barking away. Both of us cried.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger AtTheBeach said...

For all fans out there, even with this post and photos, Alexis is being VERY modest. People stood on line throughout the 'fest and long after it ended. I told a friend to try Guess Your Age and his response: "But we'll lose our place in line!" I don't know what Alexis tells the dogs, but everyone is mesmerized. He IS "The Weenie Whisperer".

Ruth R.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home