"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Back in the Saddle, Again

Yes, I'm back on my high horse once more. Ever the one to have everything the way she wanted it, my mother had the immediate cremation with no ceremony planned like a fascist train schedule. She was the embodiment of No Nonsense to the very end. So, let the games resume.

There is a dizzying array of events approaching: The Trockadero Ballet, The Boat Show, The Shelly Novak Drag Awards, The Food and Wine Festival. I get to host the pre show get-together on Tuesday for the Trock. My mind is aflutter with all the possibilities for appetizers; I will, of course, serve the goat cheese and chives served in tomato shells again. It's just as good on land as it was on that boat; plus, these ladies have never complained about being fed.

I was good friends with Madame Sobechenskaya when I lived in New York; she had been a member of the original Trock and had formed an offshoot company of her own. The warehouse of costumes she maintained was awesome. Madame is no longer with us, either; I loved when she came to my parties in New York. The doormen were never the same after she waltzed by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home