"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, February 12, 2005

I Am So Sad

My mother died of a heart attack yesterday. I can't believe that I wrote about her just two days ago. She was a force to be reckoned with; she was a strong, opinionated, vicious, witty, and loving woman. We were extremely close in a distant, New England way; I grew up in a cold atmosphere where kissing (and even hugging) was frowned upon. Now my smooches are abundantly showered on drag queens and go-go boys, but I can only remember kissing my grandmother once, never my mother or siblings. How sad. We did have an awfully good time making fun of people and playing practical jokes. Life was one, big picnic there; I was her "Mrs. Astor". I 'll be away for a couple of days; crying is not very Rhode Island-like, but I'm going to do it now.

10 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Ray said...

Big cyber hug, Mrs. Astor. I'm so sorry for your loss.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger A said...

Be strong Mrs Astor, mama's still with you. For what you wrote about her the other day she seemed to be an awsome individual. Celebrate her life! I bet she would want you to.

Hugs,
my condolences

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please accept my condolences on your loss. Losing a parent is never easy but know that she will always be with you in spirit...

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god sweetness. My heart goes out to you. If you need anything or need to talk I would only to happy to listen and give you arms to hug you across the miles. I'm thinking of you in this painful time.
Kisses,
k

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Wayne Cronin said...

I'm so sorry to read that news Mrs. Astor :-(
You are in my thoughts and prayers

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling, you and your family are in my prayers. Big hugs!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Justin Cognito said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Mrs. Astor. Hugs and good wishes to you.

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetness, I just lost my father about a month ago - so I completely understand. Cry as much as possible and go hug those you love.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger THATGUY_HEATH said...

My sympathies and regards for your loss. This Man, too, lost his mother so I know how heart-breaking it can be.
Seek comfort in those near and dear to you.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger shower said...

i'm sorry for your loss. wishing you the best.

the SHOWER Room

 

Post a Comment

<< Home