"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, March 20, 2005

I saw Pink Lady yesterday in the park of The Jackie Gleason Theater. He had a very odd remark as he ate out of a can of tuna. He said that many people thought is was "evil" because of the way he dressed and carried himself. But, he said, he was the enemy of Satan because he always brought a smile to the faces of those who weren't really happy at that moment. He showed me a big bag of new geegaws he had found for a new head piece and was delighted by the five dollars I gave him to continue his work. After walking away, I noticed three gorgeous Spring Break guys go up to him and I waited a second fearing they were going to something bad. But, they talked for a moment and then two boys sat next to Pink Lady while the third took a photos. Perhaps Satan does have an enemy in the Jackie Gleason Park.

3 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With commentary like this, I'm loving Pink Lady more and more. Perhaps we should start a fund. And what the heck is a geegaw?

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

My darling Tami; so much has happened in the last two weeks that has made it difficult to thank you for the wonderful visit you bestowed upon me.

A "geegaw" is a trinket or ornament that really doesn't have merit on its own, but with other geegaws creates magic.

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to explain. Besides, the pleasure was all mine. Though the next visit will have be longer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home