"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, August 16, 2005


Should I or shouldn't I? It would be my fourth "Turn About" at Twist (and perhaps my tenth ever). It is the yearly night where Twist employees and those of surrounding businesses "turn" or dress the opposite of their sex. "Drag" seems so crude for such a classy event. I'm thinking "Suffragette"; yes, classic and yet, daring. I'm thinking: "Bitch, stay home". I'm thinking: How lovely I will look in that blazer, long khaki skirt, straw boater, and pulled back hair; the boys will go crazy over such restraint. I'm thinking: Stay home and listen to La Forza del Destino and you will really know what is in store for you. I'm thinking: I will get a lot of drink tickets from the owners if I show my support. I'm thinking: You will be a fucking mess the next morning when your expertise will be called upon. I'm thinking: Who cares, it's South Beach an everyone is always hungover.

9 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should go as a wench. Huge frizzy hair, bad teeth and a flouncy-filthy dress with puffy sleeves. You never know dear "booger" drag could be the next hot thing.
k

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Too late, Knotty; I got up at 5am this morning and made an ankle-lenth kahki skirt to be a drag suffuragette. Now I have to make a sign,b ut I haven't decided what it will say.

Wench, indeed; I'm going to come over there and box you ears.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

You see, Knottyboy, the practical side of the kahki skirt is that I can wear it when I do Barbara Stanwyck a la Big Valley. You have to think ahead about these things. (I can do Big Valley any afternoon at The Palace)

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

I'm thinking: I NEED TO SEE THAT...

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or you could just go as me. That would terrify the lot of them! Arrrr!

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

I want to see pictures Alexis!!! We need to make Elizabeth Cady Stanton proud!!! :)

Love Always,
Jesse :)

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, the hangover.......
There seems to have been many photos. Why else would there be so many flashes? It'
s going to take me a day or two to sort it all out. "Give Women The Vote".

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Glitzy said...

Glad you went! Hope that you are recovering speedily. Your public awaits photos!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, the pain...... I know there are many photos; enough to run me out of town. Where is the voice of reason when you need it? The sign read: "Give Women The Vote" and I had no problem holding it while balancing a boy around my neck and a drink in my hand. Oh, the pain........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home