"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, February 20, 2006

Sunday at The Palace


It was the usual scenario: I was skyping on Sunday afternoon when the calls started coming in. At each ring of the cell; it is always the same: "Where ARE you?" And even though I had announced my intention to stay home, I know the routine. Fortunately, a smart afternoon outfit of a crisp white shirt paired with daring plaid pants had been laid out in advance of this.

As I approached the patio it was heartening to see Ben and Jeremy dining and drinking together (each of their food tasters had already died of natural, if sudden, causes). Still, they seemed to be enjoying the superb weather, the enormous crowd, and--of course--my arrival.

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Showtune said...

how many times did i have to pose and i didn't even make the blog? oh it's a sad state of affairs!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

oh baby!...

yow know how showbizz is...

u see the picture of Ben below?

well... u got my point...

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

I can see you were very busy today, Mrs. Astor, keeping the court intrigue under control. All the soldiers look very happy and especially fit for duty. Ben has demonstrated his worthiness to enter the ranks in spectacular fashion. Good choice!

It is a treat to see everyone without the layers of clothing that we in the Northeast are sporting these days. It is down to 12 degrees tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home