"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, February 06, 2006

Swinging Captains


Despite the deluge of drunken Bostonians, I was able to spend some quality time with my beloved Captain of The Guard, Jeremy. We agreed that the new formation will be entitled The 12th Dragoons.

Jeremy's well-being is one of my main concerns, as everyone knows; without him there would be chaos and anarchy, not to mention the dramatic loss in vokda sales. So it was with not a little shock that I listened to him tell me, "I jumped from a plane three times this week."

"Really? Did it go Ok, like not having to chew open the emergency parachute cord when the main one turned out to be that lost beach towel of last week?"

"Oh," he said with that familiar wave of the hand, "I only got entangled in a tree the third time in the middle of The Everglades."

"NO!," I exclaimed, "I knew a girl who parachuted in high winds and was carried to The Everglades. She spent three hours beating off an alligator with a stick until the police located her!"

"I wasn't so lucky," Jeremy explained. "I was rescued by a general; it was very embarrassing."

Suddenly, several guys listening (there are spies everywhere) chimed in and asked, "Was he cute?"

Jeremy let out a cackle and said, "Is any general cute?!"

8 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

I sympathize with you, Jeremy; my jumpmaster was an ex-army DI, and "cute" wasn't on his resume' either..........

B&T

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

"Our Best Man, Captain Jeremy, is away on military business until the 17th, making the wedding a little later than planned; we will have to live in sin until then"

to live in sin?
what do u mean? you won´t be allowed to touch me until the wedding night...

PS. Blame your "Captain".

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Dear Mrs. Astor and friends, Brian's cruise ship, the Norwegian Jewel, is featured all week on ABC's Good Morning America. Diane Sawyer will be on board Thursday.

Unfortunately it is a cruise for 300 woman and they are exploring women's issues. I'm not sure if that is a gay man's nightmare...LOL!

The Countess

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Ok, Ian; just don't think you are going to be handed around to the 7th like a frontline whore until the wedding night. That's what the key to the tower room is for, my sweet.

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is any general cute? YES if he is a Marine...

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

HELP!!! Stranded on ship with 300 single women! Friends of Dorothy request chopper to rescue us...drop us off in Costa Rica.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

Mr. B,
Run, don't walk, RUN to Magnum's Champagne Bar, Deck 6 mid-ship starboard! Sanctuary is only an elevator ride away!!

;-) B&T

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Brian, short of sending the agin Great Southern Fleet out to turn your ship around (and, there IS a disco version of that song), I suggest you smear coal soot on your face an mumble words like "the pox" to keep you safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home