"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, March 30, 2006

All The Wonderful People Out There In The Dark



Some have thought I am going to re-invent myself after the marriage. Nothing can be further from the truth. Every day that I descend the grand staircase of The Palace (mirror in hand) I contemplate the look of things and think, "Bearing, girl; steady as she goes. You are mature, a Ship of State; that figure may be full, but the clothes hug it with an imperious nature. " I manage to extract the maximum amount silliness out of every day; it is like a giant maple tree of fun that I tap. No, not tap; I suck it dry. As hard as we all work at being a success at what we do here, my friends band together just about every day to laugh at ourselves, at others, at just about anything that moves.

In the end, I'm the one wearing Erte'.

9 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

"to have a very biiiig past is always better than to have a little future"

I love you Norma!

THE BOY

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Showtune said...

WHAT?!?! You said I could play Norma! Hmpf. And by the way, Alexis, "Eternal Youth Is Worth A Little Suffering" . . . right Ian!?

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

Matt, I certainly preffer the line: "The Lady is paying"

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

make it stop! too many show tunes references ... it is just WAY TOO GAY in here. ::shuffles off::

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Norma was ahead of her time:

I'd like the coffin to be white, and I want it specially lined with satin. White... or pink. Maybe red! Bright flaming red! Let's make it gay!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, Countess, you are divine. I will share Palace guardsmen with you any day.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

The more I look at the picture of Mark, Jeremy, and Matt, the more I covet the Tinkerbell Legion. Hmmmmm

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I have one thing to say to you, Countess: Celebrity Death Match!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Now, Now, Now...

Uncle Alexis and Countess Bedelia -
No Death Match fighting! We are all fairies here! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home