"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, May 25, 2006


An invasion force of 350,000 is poised at the city gates, courtiers are fleeing in every direction, The Palace is in turmoil with a massive renovation about to begin. I was just about to sink a little lower into the murky pond of stress when I received an email from a friend who works for Google containing this urgent message from a fellow employee:


In a recent office move some of my belongings were lost. I am searching for two shoes (not a pair). One is a strappy, gold wedge with a charm buckle, the other is a rhinestone thong sandal. Both of these shoes are near and dear to my heart and integral pieces to my summer wardrobe. If anyone knows anything regarding there whereabouts, please let me know."

Nothing raises my spirit quite so much as stuff like this; it was like being reborn. I don’t know what made me laugh more: the fact that she would open herself up like that to her fellow workers, or that she kept “integral pieces to (her) summer wardrobe” in the office.

Sometimes, it’s the little things.

6 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

I'm more worried about the shoe thief who would steal two mismatched shoes, rather than a complete pair. Is the Countess up to her Kleptomaniac ways again?!?

:-)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

oh gawd these are the things that made me fall crazy i love with you... the little things

I love you, hubby.

Bebe

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

J. a one legged thief has no need for a pair.... now, who do we know that is one legged -- MARK!!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

Make mine a sensible pair of Frye's!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

So these are the shoes that caused Mark to trip and break his ankle! Mrs. Astor was right....it was cha cha heels!

Next time take the whole pair and maybe you won't wobble so much!

xxxooo

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, but those shoes were probably her best. Oh the trival pursuit of life.You take care dear and try to laugh. Ian would not want you to be blue and you need to laugh to keep his spirits up as well! My God he does love you doesn't he??xoxoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home