"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, May 20, 2006


I love my friends; they share the worry and try what they can to divert. Mark insisted I join him at The Happy Place and Ditmar made me smile with both the supremely silly title to today's drag show and the use of a pourer as a makeshift chalice. The pourer is the real joke as it is never used; The Palace's drinks are so notoriously strong that it would probably make more sense to just leave the bottle in front of the customer.

We joked about Mark's Fankenstein boot, although it seemed so more practical than a cast. Carl stopped by to make sure I was still going to see Eartha Kitt tonight. Dr. Brad told us some funny things he came across while working in an emergency room some years back. He told us of hearing the scream of the very proper head nurse once. When he ran to help he found a young guy who had got a flashlight stuck up his ass. When the nurse asked him to spread his cheeks, she wasn't prepared for the beam of light. That made me smile, too.

Then my beloved Jeremy popped by and said he was bored this morning and shaved his entire body. "Jose's coming home to a surprise tonight: A 12-year-old boy!" And that made me really smile.

3 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

well ...I have you inside my heart...and my heart is in Argentina...

I´m smiling too

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I was hoping to get to SoBe June 2 weekend to give you a well deserved "Cher shot", but alas, I have to climb an Alp to record minutes for an exec. meeting... I would much rather be at the Palace buying you a cocktail! Ian's drug regimen sounds truly ghastly -- so, we're still lighting candles to get it over successfully and quickly... better for Ian than for my debauched soul (and I really don't like the gleam in that priest's eye!)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

The Commander of the 7th shaved it all? Good thing there is an ocean and half a continent between us. (I may not be able to chase him down, but I can certainly put him under the table (skinny white boys just can't drink, try as they might! (hee hee) -- oops, I'm likely giving away too much of my strategy.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home