"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Warning, Will Robinsonl!



OK. I am sending the following warning to my beloved links:

Even though you may be precious to me, even though I may hold you to my breasts, and even though we talk (and drink) with each other regularly, I am telling you with no uncertainty that unless you update you blogs, you will be removed.

This is not to say that you will be thrown in the trash bin of history (I adore that phrase), but you will be put in the cupboard of the present, to be taken down like a fine teapot when needed. I will not mention names, but I can't awake to the Story of Stanley anymore or the Fatal Spill of Wine. It's not just me, mind you. I put up with your antics and peccadillos as much as you do mine, but just how am I to answer for your laziness to write; it only takes a few words or a simple picture of something that made your day worth living. I am grateful to those who came out of hiding, too; did you really want to be the Jimmy Hoffa of the blogosphere?

So be forewarned. Thebottle of internet whiteout is on my desk.

10 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

*GULP*

Point taken. Poor Jeremy and I will be banished to the no-man's-land of the Internet ether unless we get our acts together.

*Runs to hide in corner, bows head in shame and contemplates updating blog...*

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Alexis thinks, "We'll see" (opening bottle of internet whiteout and taking a sniff.)

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I love it when you get strict!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

I love when he gets hard...

oops... did I say that on loud?

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

About time you got the whip out!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Tom said...

*whew* So glad I updated yesterday. Ya'll have been warned...

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a right to spend a season as a Lady who Lunches! Besides, it take a lot of time at the salon to try and get my hair that unique Ian-Ivy sheen og "blonde".

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't toss me just yet my dear. I'm heading to jury duty for god-knows-how long. I will promise to record something of use while I'm in the county seat of Kemmerer.
Mwah,
kb

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Tom, you are next, ON the list.

Mikevil, how sweet. Is that a proposal to be my bitch for a season?

KB, you could be on a serial killer trial and you'd remain. I know you'd somehow find a way to have scraps of paper smuggled out to post.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alexis, I'm not sure if your interested, but I've finally succombed to the forces of the blogosphere and have created my own little Shangri La of information from my own unique, vulgar perspective.

P.S., I remain a loyal, avid reader of your blog. It's become a daily must.

Jake

 

Post a Comment

<< Home