"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Help Wanted (Young Men, Single, and Free)


Will is leaving us is a few days to take a doctor position with a hospital in Chicago. He was so cute: He asked if he would still be a member of the 7th when he left, and I assured him that "Once a Palace guardsman, always a Palace guardsman.

Ben is leaving for California, Michael for Madrid, and Jeremy for South America. Jeremy loudly exclaimed that the new captain of the guard "IS ONLY TEMPORARY!", as he will be gone for only four months. Mikey is studying Spanish in Madrid for the summer. Except for a few loyal troops, I will be exposed to the most vile brutalities of those revolting peasants.

Ben is departing for good, too, along with Will. A new happy hour/recruiting booth has been set up for Fridays between 5 and 9. Don't think you will get any preferential treatment just because you are young and gorgeous; know it. We will play Jeremay's favorite game, "How many peasants can you take down with a six-shooter?" It's more fun than Twister, but don't count that out.


And it was also sweet Andy's birthday last night, too. He's an All-Man type of guy who loves basketball, football, and Broadway musicals. He wryly noted that he and Showtune Matt are my main protection now and that The Palace might soon become a summer musical theater. The horror!

4 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Oh, if only I was a young man and single, eligible for the honored position of palace guard. *sigh*

Will is such an admirable person. He couldn't be persuaded to be one of my knights. He was true blue to you, Alexis. Now Ben, on the other hand, is adorable!!!! And my very first knight.

Such fond memories of the Palace and her gracious guards. I treasure them and wish all these beautiful young men happiness, success, and love in their journeys.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Showtune said...

I'll pass, thank you!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

I love each and every one of those boys as if they were my own brothers. In fact, I don't have any brothers so I consider them my own. I am heartbroken that Will is leaving, but I know I will see him again someday. Hopefully Ben isn't going just yet. And we know Jeremy and Riley will be returning before we know it. I'd be worried about all the showtunes that will be taking place @ The Palace with Andy and Matt in charge, though. You know I still have my plan to visit for a long time this Summer - I'll make sure to put some "NY Jewess" atomosphere in there for you! ;) I Love my 7th!!! :) And we love Alexis and Ian as the leaders of our court above all else!!! :)

Countess - you will always be an honorary "Hot young man" to me!!! LOVE YOU! :)

Love Always,
Jesse :)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Jesse - I WILL spank you, you bad boy. Update your blog! The Countess has spoken and SHE will be obeyed!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home