"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, May 13, 2006

AquaGirl, the four day event for girls who like girls, is in full swing with pool parties, barbeques, lectures, banquets, beach parties, and all night dances raging. Now at year six, thousands of women attend these functions which benefit the Woman's Community Fund Grant Program. Like all social undertakings of this nature, the mood is up, the clothing as little as possible, and the marginal propensity for getting drunk very high. It is South Beach.

The week ended on a bright note when I read a thank you from the fascinating Monique in which she referred to me as "...the Last of the Mohegans" for being gracious. That made me smile because the last time I heard that was from John Gotti's daughter back in New York when the Telfon Don was put away (she wasn't referring to me at the time). However, although I may have been aggresively gracious, everyone is made to feel welcome and happy at The Palace. (Why else would Officer Brian call it The Happy Place?) Visitors like Monique, the Aqua Girls, and even witches from Salem just reinforce Cat Stevens' immortal line, "... there's a million things to be-- You know that there are". You just have to pick one.

3 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

Alexis,
You've made two Harold and Maude references in as many postings -- this definitely made my day.
:-)
B&T

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

ahahahaha

i told you so!!!!!!!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Ahhh...the Happy Place. I love ya Mrs. A!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home