"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

No women were eaten by alligators yesterday.

The Miami "We're Writing As Bad As We Can" Herald posted this photo on the front page today with little more than a caption of Pool Party at Surfcomber. Nothing about the fact that is was an Aqua Girl event or that it was in celebration of everything fabulous about lesbians. No, just a cryptic caption under a telling photo.

Overheard in Little Havana (translated)

"Yolanda, meida! Where is the men? Only girls; I see only girls!"

"Ayi, Mami! The girls, they eat pussy."

"Dio!"

Meanwhile, the better-written, "alternative" paper, Miami New Times, came out with their yearly list of Best Of Miami and to our delight we found our own drunken little whore of a publicist, Thomas Barker. He was named The Best Party Crasher. The New Times knows what they are talking about, and he was all giggly and downing Grey Goose last Thursday here when it hit the streets. Thomas usually hits the streets about 5:15 in the morning when he stumbles home.

Finally, one of my babies has a new blog and, since he's cute, brilliant, viscous, and living in Europe, I suggest you look him up. Leopold (or Poldie, as he was affectionately know in royal circles here just a few years back) has eyes that see everything and a mind that dissects with deadly precision. Hi, baby!

3 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm blushing....such a beautiful compliment, only as "the" Mrs. Astor could glamorously articulate. I tip my hat in your honor (as well as my flask).

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Darling, just dropped by for a spot of tea or other sordid details,ha! Why is it I miss all the good parties. I must get to Miami post haste!! Mwah!!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Give Thomas a big hug for me. He is always FABULOUS whether riding up to the Palace on his bike or crashing an A-List party.

More fun in SoBe!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home