"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, September 18, 2006

A Lucky Strike

Sometimes you just have to eat your words (or drink them, as the case may be). The bowling party at Lucky Strike was an extremely fun and entertaining evening. Just imagine 24 gay guys and one fag hag with an open bar all night and a catered fare that was quite impressive.
That, naturally, is the map of a good night with lots of giggles. I'm sorry to say I did not partake in the actual bowling, but did a remarkable job of shouting and sighing as the action demanded. It's interesting how knocking down ten pins with a ball can rouse the spirit; it's even more so when there's two drinks in hand.
I loved the colors that made these such luscious balls. I have to apologize to Bill Diehl. He scored 147 and when congratulating him I said, "That's real White Trash". Bill sighed and said, "That's all we had to do in Maryland." I ate those words, too, when Lucky Strike awarded him with a bottle of Dom Perignon for being highest scorer of the night.

4 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

Awwwwwwwww. I miss everyone down there. :( Perhaps a visit is due this Saturday afternoon/evening.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

This reminds me of my last bowling team...I had my own bowling balls which were a beautiful shade of blue and my two adorable teammates, Jason and Matt, decided to call our team "The Blue Balls". Yah, we got a lot of kidding for that one!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Check in with me,Matt, if you do come down.

Countess, of course you had a custom-made-in-Italy bowling bag, too, didn't you?

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive balls! I don't bowl myself but I will go along a cheer on my friends. I love being an athletic supporter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home