"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, November 03, 2006

I don't know what happened.

Every time I have ever slipped into a satin dress, I have felt gorgeous, frail, and alluring. The recipe was there: blonde, curly hair, lace gloves, darling (if tight) satin, bowed slippers, but some how the cake came out wrong. The boys should have been lining up for a dance with me-- perhaps a stolen kiss, or even a ...... Well, I did have that crippled sister of mine, that "big, fat movie star" acting so abused like I didn't feed her or something. I'd take a big, long sip of my gin, look at her like this, and start kicking. Sometimes I'd kick her so hard I'd bruise my feet.

But the crowd loved it because it was ME they came to see.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

In cases like this, I remember Thomas' t-shirt slogan, "It IS all about me!" (naturally, it is Blanche, it is)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Is that why your feet hurt so much the next day? From kicking Blanche?

And the TV crew that was filming you kept saying "Kick her again! Kick her again!"

It really was All.About.You.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger LARMOT said...

As they say (or something like it) "It's when they stop talking about you is what you have to worry about..." Baby Jane Lives!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home