"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, December 18, 2006


The time had come to end my Babylonian Captivity and the gods had opened the gate for me to leave. I didn't just leave I ran; I ran down the street as if my bloomers were on fire and needed to put out the flames with 7 & 7. It had seemed as if it had been ten days or so, but a check at my posts showed it had not even been five.

When I arrived at Court the comforting faces of old friends awaited and we caught up on what seemed like an ocean of gossip and rumors. Nothing had changed except that the new back bar was so much more given to actually hearing what the person next to you was saying about so-and-so.

Everyone was ready for belly shots and as usual the entire room of friends got smashed. Nothing had changed; I got all the usual calls: "Wasn't that a blast? How do YOU feel this morning?" Well, like poo-poo really, but there's a price to pay for having fun. I really wish Mondays didn't exist.

No bordello of gossip would be complete without Thomas Barker (he was one of the late afternoon callers). He was going to yet another Christmas party tonight. I made a vow not to attend any this year, but might have to show up for ours on Wednesday. I wouldn't want THAT crowd talking behind my back.

Oh, and if you don't check out The Countess's recipe for Chrismas cookies you will be depriving yourself of a great holiday treat.

5 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Glad to see that you are back among the living and the dead at The Court. The Sunday Court must go on!! All the boys are looking good.

Be sure to dish all the gossip from the Palace Christmas party. My spies have sent numerous dispatches full of rumors and innuendo. I might sent a batch of my Christmas Cookies to liven the party up!

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was amazing seeing you on Sunday! It was a blast! I miss my Alexis!!!! :)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

so which one did you choose for the shots?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I know there is a NEST of your spies here, Countess, and will due diligence we will track them down and punish them....by doing belly shots on them until they die (or until we pass out).

And I always love seeing my Thomas.

I went for Chinese.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Showtune said...

And once again, I have missed the good stuff. I think another major change is in order. A move to Zimbabwe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home