"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, February 20, 2007



Favorites; what would the world be without them. Tonight is Jesse's last night here until he takes over Jeremy's apartment in a month; so, in accordance to accepted South Beach custom, we will send him off in style with a rooftop party.

My dear, friend Mamie stopped by yesterday after an arduous afternoon of lunching at the new, Sardinia restaurant. Flush with food and spirits, she accused me of using Jesse as "white bait", a term meant to use an innocent lamb like Jesse to lure in Latinos. I was shocked and admonished her abruptness (while reeling Jesse in with quite a trove of fresh snapper).

Today I had the opportunity to go for the throat. After doctor number 12 in just this month, Ramon told me they were referring him to one more. That was it; I called the office, introduced myself, and only had to mention the term "insurance fraud" once before the doctor came on and assured me we were one step away from action. I assured HIM, I was, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home