"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Once You Go Crock...


...you never go bock. Silly, I know, but I had to write that to Riley after he convinced me of the wonders of a crock pot. Who knew? My mother never had one. (But my mother actually never really cared about anything to do with the kitchen--like feeding her children. To her credit, she did have a long hallway of double-door closets with the most fabulous dresses any boy could try on.)
So, I bought a huge crock pot and decided to buy a stand for it because I have way to many things on the counters. But, before the stand arrived, I sampled the most delicious chicken breasts and vegetables ever, and I emailed Riley that this creation was in need of something more worthy than a metroshelf stand. Having a few unused pedastals WAS one thing my mother found the time to teach, if not feed, me; and I had one, complete with silver dinner bell. Thanks, Riley; the next time someone calls you "a crock" I thank them for you.

12 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - I love my crock pot! I want every recipe you have!!!

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I am CONSUMED by crock potish. Help me.....

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Why do I have this picture of Mrs. A. at 3 a.m., dressed in a yellow chiffon dressing gown and a slightly crazed look, loading up the crock pot yet again that day with breakfast goodies?... I do hope Kiki's appetite is up to it.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Pimpernel! You are spying on me through those Russian neighbors. How else would you know the color was yellow (although, it really was Canary).

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

..and what do you mean by "slightly" crazed look?

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Oh, come now, you know my spies are everywhere... and are maddeningly indiscrete...

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

What's a crock pot? This is something I leave to the scullery maids.....or Countess duBarry.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger mike said...

So when are you going to make cocktail sausages swimming in barbeque sauce--that favorite of church socials and pitch-ins everywhere--to take in to The Palace?

Enquiring minds want to know... and see pictures.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

You need to publish a book on this! "Mrs Astor's Guide to Crock Pot Cooking" Who wouldn't buy that??? I'd be all over that in two seconds!! You and Riley should co-author it! I want a lesson from the both of you in crock pot cooking when I am down there, haha! :)

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A what?

Really Alexis, I feel you hit an oil patch at your last birthday and are swiftly skidding toward the North-West.

Say hello to them in Nebraska.

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I think Jesse is onto something. Riley on the cover in a maid's skirt, one of his devilish smiles, toting a crock pot. You looking at him with a big wooden spoon in hand -- that would sell books.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Chris - we should totally be the next "Simon & Schuester" haha! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home