"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, March 27, 2007



The carefully coded messages of my about to leave the night life seem to have been placed in the right hands. On the rounds to several nightspots, it was mentioned (no need for any surprises). I could not, however, avoid attending Edison Farrow's rooftop party across from the Lincoln Theater, where my friend, Patrick, conducts. There is nothing more refreshing than a March night kissing you with balmy sea lips.

Edison was anxious and excited about his plans to produce two nights with Sandra Bernhardt here in July. I remember the last time she appeared in this den of sin when she sold out The Jackie Gleason Theater; still, it's a lot of work, a lot of money, a lot of ego, and a big risk. Only Edison could pull off such a thing with his vast publicity network and his loyal following.

I excused myself early (no better way to exhibit restraint and intent), but could not stop thinking about The Lady Bunny's show tomorrow at Twist.

3 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

You know you will, Mrs. A; just resign yourself that you will give into temptation and see Lady Bunny. Voila! One less source of stress gone.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Retiring from the night life? How will SoBe go on without you?

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

We just need to re-assemble your crew of palette bearers, so that you will be in constant recline (oh, you said retire...)

I retired years ago from any event beginning after 8:00 (civilized dinner hour) in order to retire (early) and read about what I missed on the blogs with the breakfast champagne -- how do you think I have maintained a viable liver all these years?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home