"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A drought is in progress leading to a number of water restrictions and the like, but a drought is the savior of South Beach. The nearly perfect weather created huge traffic jams as tens of thousands headed across the causeways toward the beaches.




Pimpernel was hosting Easter Lunch for those of us lucky enough to be invited, so I decided to my King of Kings, KiKi out for a rare public appearance. About two blocks into our three block walk we ran into Mark, and he and KiKi got to see each other again after two years. It was apparent that KiKi was running out of steam and taking little, baby steps. But we made it and KiKi loved being around people who appreciate his charm and wit again; he found the lavish spread delightful. As he napped after eating, I again thought about just old and frail he had become, although fat, old, and frail would be closer to the mark. It pains me not to be able to take him home or to work like I used to; he liked being out and about, snapping at fingers and toes.

The next day I received, from Mark, an email link to a company selling dog strollers. I’ve contemplated these a lot lately and passed on Mark’s rather effeminate choice to a more manly Kittywalk SUV Pet Stroller. It’s either this or a Red Flyer Wagon, but we have all agreed that is just a little too butch for the situation, and we’ll have to fly du Barry down to decorate it in a manner that KiKi would be comfortable in (pillows and perhaps a fringe top).

Meanwhile the non-stop feasts and toasts continue with Pimpernel, who has NEVER allowed himself, or anyone around, to be in any situation uncomfortable.

3 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

Effeminate?!? Hey, at least my offering was a Jeep(R)- branded stroller! Sadly they didn't have it in camouflage, just solid sandstone. We can always add a faux rifle and fishing gear to take away from its somewhat pastel-like appearance :-)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Lovely to see Kiki again. He is so beautiful.

Tell us a little about the culinary delights that Pimpernel made for your Easter luncheon. I am so sorry that I am missing him this trip. We must all go to England and visit him.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Awee HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! I am sorry I missed the festivities. I hope everyone had a wonderful time!! ((((HUGS)))) :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home