"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, March 31, 2007

I stopped by The Diner today for a cup of gossip and a little coffee, and one of their nasty employees asked me what was in the Gap box. I told him it was a casserole for KiKi and the other dogs and he shrieked, "How disgusting; you cook for dogs when people are starving." He shouldn't have gone there.


I replied, "You know what IS disgusting? What is disgusting is that people like you feed your pets food from "reputable" companies like Iams and Eukanuba, when it is the same slop that K-Mart sells under it's name, except YOU think it's good for your dog." Unfortunately, much of it has been poisoned by a rat-killing chemical, aminopterin, that is added to wheat glutton by a Chinese supplier. I could have added that it is one thing to mortgage your country down the drain to the Chinese to fund an unfundable war, but mess with the pets and you are in deep trouble. But, it shut him up.

This dog--with many other dogs and cats--have died from this outrage. The two dogs I helped raise are 17 and 18 and--apart from showing their age--exhibit no signs of sickness from eating the same food I eat. They gobbled down their beef, cheese, and noodle casserole as much as I did today. As I've said a hundred times before: "Would you eat dog food?"

Here is the list of "reputable" companies involved in this.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger mike said...

Brava Mrs A!

I don't cook for Bailey, but if this keeps going on, I will be soon.

At this point, One wonders if the FDA will get on the ball sometime before humans are also affected. I can't believe that some of that wheat isn't finding it's way into our stomachs as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home