"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

OMG

To the very last second, I had no clue. I, who always prided myself on having a finger on the pulse of everything that goes on in this town, was totally oblivious of the surprise birthday party last night at Twist. There was no bus, no dangerous trip downtown. It was so seemingly harlmless; the limo pulled up to the club "for one shot and a kiss from Matt". "No, not that door, go in the other", Scottie said as we all got out, and--even as my hand was on the door handle and I was thinking, "This door is NEVER open so early" I had no clue. I pulled it open and a tsumami of "SURPRISE" washed me away.

A great conspiracy fermented under my nose for nearly six weeks and involved just about every person I know from Bogata to London; anyone who thinks, as I did until last night, that a town of fussy little busy-bodies like South Beach can't keep a secret was proven wrong. It seems that everyone from top to bottom knew of this scheme and delighted in hiding it from me while discussing it under my nose. The level Scottie reached of intrigue and planning, lies and disinformation, and carefully laid plots would astound the greatest mystery writers.

I had no clue. I don't feel safe anymore. Photos to follow.

5 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Be afraid, very afraid...

I was deeply bemused that you were such a push-over, really(!), the assassins are rubbing their hands.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Don't tell me I don't know what Franz Ferdinand felt like.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Happy Birthday, Darling! Sorry we couldn't be there in person.

Although you might want to put one more alligator into the moat, just in case!!!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Alexis,

I am sorry too that I couldn't attend, but I was absolutely thinking of you during your big bash. I am *SO* glad that no one spoiled the surprise. It must have taken plenty of bribing to keep those drag queens mouths shut!! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope it was all you wanted, deserved, and then some!! :-)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger mike said...

Happy belated Birthday Alexis, and many many more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home