"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, June 24, 2007


Wow. Yesterday started out early when Thomas Barker and my two military brats, Micky and Carlito, stopped by at 11 AM for drinks before going to the beach. I busted Micky when he ordered gin before noon. "Gin before Noon?!" I said. "It just isn't done." But we let it go because he and Carlos have devoted their lives to protecting us. Why, I don't know; but I love them and feel just a little bit safer knowing they are there.

Captain Marc of The Poles provided me protection from those "elements" of society that can be a threat. Calm down, Jeremy; the two of you will love each other.


Glamorous entertainers danced in and out of our lives all afternoon.



Club promoter, Dustin Reffca seemed truly moved by The Palace hosting his birthday, but we celebrate all our customers' birthdays. It wouldn't be The Palace if we didn't.




The cake was sooooo Dustin. My thanks to Sean from The Ritz for taking care of that.




My dear Connie Chung was a little out-of-hand yesterday, but we forgive that. If at least 70% of our ballroom is not out-of-hand we have a problem brewing. She had fixated herself on Victor from Los Angeles and began all the usual tricks of those inscrutable Chinese. I said, "Connie...you bad...you need calm down." She ignored me.





So I said, "Connie; if you are going to molest the poor guy, at least go all the way and pull it out". "Yes," a Greek chorus in back of me shouted. We want to see the head!" I thought that a bit vulgar, but in the absence of Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish, someone had to take a reigns of poor taste and gallop.






Typical South Beach afternoon. I don't kn0w why i put up with this nonsence, but I know I could never put up without it.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Miss Connie Chung Likey Likey that L.A. Noodle!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger SickoRicko said...

I kinda envy all the fun and festivities. And you make me laugh with your writing. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home