"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, June 16, 2007

A different sort of evening tonight at Thomas Barker hosted a birthday dinner for his mother, Charlene, who had flown in from Denver to meet up with him and his sister. Of course, nothing about Thomas is ordinary and he chose Madame's, a drag cabaret restaurant way up in Sunny Isles. (I don't need to go into the panic attack I had during the ride on I-95, do I?) He had a wonderful table of ten people he chose as his closest friends and we had a wondrous time; I'm honored I was one of them. The restaurant was immensely entertaining and the food delicious; I ate sparingly although the dinner lasted more than three hours. The shows are fabulous.
The decor was truly over-the-top, a cross between Moulin Rouge, Imperial Russia, and a French bordello. Larry and Kim are old friends of Thomas ,and Kim had many, many amusing stories of when Thomas worked for her and figured out he was gay. He never looked back, except in the back seat of a car.

Madame took off her Lucy wig after performing an enormously entertaining version of the famous health syrup commercial and wished Charlene a happy birthday.


The handsome Micky surrounded by a very fun brother and sister act.



And, I always say you can judge any place by it's men's room and the one at Madame's put the pee in Piss Elegant.




1 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! We had such a great time and you were one of the evening's highlights! My mother adores you! LOVE IT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home