"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It was a traumatic weekend, made only more so by Gerry Kelly's birthday party at his club, Fifth. Apparently, many had trouble getting in; but I knew a key person at the door and was whisked in. I'm sure the fabulous, paisley disco outfit didn't hurt either; it sort of parted the Red Sea of clubland when I pulled up. When Gerry came to Carl's party at The Palace, I greeted him at the top of the stairs, bowing to my old friend and boss, and he said, "Alexis, you have become the new Gerry Kelly."
Taken aback, I thought that while most in this town would view it as the ultimate compliment, I saw it as a death sentence. At his party, he did pay me the ultimate compliment when he came up and said, "I'm honored at your presence." It doesn't get better than that in Miami. The rest was beautiful friends enjoying an extravagant night.

It doesn't get better than that, anywhere.




I loved working for him. He was the only powerhouse in the nightlife who was honest. The word of Gerry Kelly is worth gold.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home