"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, August 24, 2007

Night and Day

I took a rare afternoon off to be with Leopold, who used his nine day vacation to stay with me, a motion that has not gone unnoticed. We went to "Invasion" today and after the movie I mentioned that I was going to the mens' room only to come out to see him frantically talking to an employee (he hadn't heard me). Leo ran up and hugged me like some sort of milk carton child and the theater employee said, "You found him?" I laughed, "Oh, you can take me off the Missing Persons List." and she cackled, "We only have Lost and Found." We all laughed.

I am continually amazed by the cohesiveness of our group Palacistas. We see each other almost on a daily basis and constantly amuse each other. Sometimes, some of us will be in a stance of formality or sometimes in a period of undress. No matter what, we stick together and enjoy each others' strengths and weaknesses. At times we put on a dress or a wig; it is a very stratified club.



Daylight doesn't affect the laughter or the devotion to each other. We are truly blessed with friendship in any type of light.

3 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said I'd let you look at my hair, not that I would loan it to you. The world is completely topsy turvy.

Gilbert (or was it Sullivan) had it right all along.

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A rare afternoon off..." Right! Warming stools is such work.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger DirtyBitchSociety said...

To the Good Life. I have to say, I'm a bit envious. To enjoy the company of good friends, such as that, is truly awesome. And you know, "Good Friends, are Family Handpicked."

How have you been Darlin'? Missed you. Come by and visit me. How is Ian? Been off on a tangent. You will forgive me, won't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home