"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, August 18, 2007



Scottie's movie tomorrow night at Twist (10 PM upstairs in the VIP lounge) is the original La Cage Aux Folles. As usual it will be a gathering of The Faithful. It is one of the first "beach" events I brought Leopoldo to and it will remain a staple of the "beach" diet. Leopold has become the most important thing keeping me here; I had an offer in another country, but can't accept it now. He is everything I ever hoped for.

We entertained commissioner Bower yesterday at The Palace for a photo shoot and then dragged her over to Twist's happy hour. What a good sport; she never stopped talking to the boys and reinforced my opinion that she will scoop the gay vote. We also find her ahead in the Mid-Beach Jewish vote and and back-breaker in the North-Beach Hispanic vote. I've said from the beginning: "You capture the gay vote and the women vote, and it doesn't matter how much special-interest-money your opponent has; HE WILL LOSE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home