"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Our dear Thomas Barker and Halo's General Manager, Jason Taminini, competing last night in the Who Looks Cuter in a Cap Contest. As any fool can plainly see, it was a tie. (I did not join in the contest as I learned some time back that veils do not go well with caps.) Thomas is going in for minor surgery today, and that was ample enough excuse for a few close friends to meet up with him at Halo last night. You don't need much of an excuse to gather for cocktails in this town. Halo is, in fact, so clean and bright that the operation could be performed there, but as long as Thomas is well enough for his gigantic birthday party at Halo next Wednesday, the town will breath easy.

Thomas will be laid up for a few days and not in the manner he is accustomed to (wink, wink). I told him I'd check up on him later in the day, but his only request was for me to cook for him while he's recovering at home. "Please just help me eat as well as KiKi", he asked. That brought a tear to my eye, so the seldom summoned Mrs. Astor's Relief Organization For Nightlife Columnists will go into action for our favorite Man About Town. Don't tell KiKi.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home