"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, July 30, 2007



Just about everyone showed up for Scottie's playing of What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? and I fought off the calls to "dress the part". It was also the end of a 36 hour pairing of Leopoldo and myself. We needed to see if we really liked what the other was about, because we are opposite in so many ways. That, of course, works wonders some times and this is one of them. I dress conservatively and he is a fashion plate, so I bow to him. He is shy and sweet, while I eagerly greet the barbarians at the gates. We like to touch each other in ways that are not necessarily noticeable. We have learned to thrive on our differences and I mean THRIVE. Niether one of us ever thought this possible: that I would nod off on his shoulder during Baby Jane and have that viperous Gaysian, Connie Chung, take a photo of that (she so bad). And, of course, never, ever has there been universal approval of someone who wanted to be close to me by the very people who are close to me, but there is. I am a lucky person, always have been; but this time it is truly incredible. I bow again to him.

4 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bowing? isn't it more like bending over? ;)

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I'm going to wash your MIND out with soap when I see you today. Dirty, dirty, dirty....but correct.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, Jane; while you are down there, will you bring me up some wine?

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Showtune said...

i am so very happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home