"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, July 20, 2007

Of course, last night was important to me for reasons other than bingo or birthdays. It was my formal introduction to Court of my new consort, Leopoldo. The entire Court bowed, curtsied, and gushed as this extravagantly handsome man was presented to one member after another. (Wearing vintage Versace to a Court introduction can never hurt in this town, especially when Versace's mansion is two doors down Ocean Drive. Smart move, my friend.)


I once wrote about believing in omens, like the day I opened the gate to La Casa and a swarm of yellow butterflies circled my head. Bingo was packed and there was not a table or bar space available. In the very first game, Leopoldo won and came away with a bottle of champagne. After getting his card validated he returned to the bar and we both looked at each other and said, "This is a good sign".



Every woman (and I suspect most of the men) were captivated. Later there developed and intense competition; not for Leopoldo (no one would be foolish enough to try that), but for his twin, gay brother. I don't exaggerate when I predict there will be duels for his twin.


He also brought friends of his to participate in a night of particular frenzy. Between the bingo in the front and the birthday in the back, at some point a lesbian became fascinated by Riley's nipple rings and started sucking them. Yes, right in the middle of the ballroom. Oddly, Riley didn't seem to mind.




It was a magical evening that went on until the manager had to lock the doors to stop any more people from entering.


Tonight, despite Queen Cabaret performing, I must stay home and rest. I must.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home