"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, July 11, 2007



Ray's working tonight!!!!!

I just got out of a pool that was 91 degrees; now I know why the jaded people in this town have ice delivered for the pool. And, it was to be a restful evening, until I learned that Carlos switched with Ray to let him work the night.

That is a generous move on the part of Carlos, but a calculated one. He, like me, thinks this will open the night to Ray's friends, who ordinarily work during the day and can only come between 5 and 6, the time he gets off. 'It's a selfless gesture that may be good for the business in general, and fun for everyone else. Naturally, I will have to re-think my night, find a nice, preppy outfit (they love that), and stuff my pocketbook full of money (they like that, too). I am going to bring the carriage under Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish's window, have her throw down a pillowcase full of cash into the seat next to me, and coax the dear lady to jump in, whereupon the four-in-hand will dash to The Palace and what awaits. Quiet night....as if there ever was one on South Beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home