"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, July 16, 2007






Mrs. (Mamie) Stuyvestant-Fish clearly was not to allow me total social supremacy this weekend; she was out from Friday afternoon until whenever her "handlers" finally corralled her back into her rich pen. She corrected me on her drink of choice now; it is the Palace Lemonade--a concoction so lethal that it rumored to have brought down The Hindenburg.


In the meantime, I met a wonderful guy from Mexico City, named Leopoldo. I literally bumped into him and began a conversation that seems to have embroiled to something much more. He is not one of these "kids" I meet all the time; he's 45 and gorgeous. Who could have guessed?

2 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Wow, good luck with Leopolodo sounds good!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

It is more than nicer, and a perfect example of taking a different turn and changing history.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home