"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, September 01, 2007



I roundfed the corner carrying a basket of fleshly cut flowers and newly laid eggs and run into this. A song flashes in my mind: Should I Run Or Should I Go.

Labor Day Weekend has gotten off to a good, fun start. Many locals have left for New Orleans, but the tourists are even easier to please. There are no great cookouts planned here; the heat is too intense. After maintaining a low profile all day, I will now be stepping out with Mr. Astor, who bestowed an astounding array of gifts upon me last night; they were truly extravagant. It is so very, very nice( and unusual)l for me to be on the receiving end of largesse.

I really do feel like Mrs. Astor, now.

2 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Labor? You mean Labour, right? I always like to add more of U to any word I can.

In any case, I want your life.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I trust you don't harbour any intentions on my life. I will soundly smack you across your cheeks with my fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home