"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Late yesterday (after the brutal sun had receeded a bit), we biked down to see KiKi and Lucy. Leopoldo keeps urging me to see KiKi as much as possible these days, and KiKi adores Leo; my little tiger (El Tigre to us) showers kisses on my big tiger.
KiKi trotted out to greet us (and the box of treats he spotted in Leo's hands) on his little, bowed feet.
Lucy--as fat as ever--bounced around looking for a few treats, too. I love these dogs.

KiKi seemed a little reserved (and if you knew this dog--whose motto was always "No toe shall go unbitten"--, you'd know how unusual that is). Still, there is confidence that we will be celebrating his eighteenth birthday this December


We made the obligatory stop at Twist to bid farewell to our friends, Allan and Darren. Living on a resort island makes you used to saying "good bye", but it's still sad. Allan and Darren's stay seemed way too short, but they promised to return from Newport in October.

A lap dance from Adelino put a smile on Darren's face.

Trouble flared up when Puscilla, out of drag, showed up and immediately started flirting with Mr. Astor. I can never let my guard down on this island; Leopoldo is a chick magnet. I let Puscilla gush and swoon and heap compliment after compliment until...

...I could take no more and grabbed my poison-tipped parasol to do her in; but the wily queen took off on her bike. Never leave the Derringer at home. Next time...

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Always good to see Kiki. But Lucy needs to go on a diet!!!

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pictures of Kiki, but I agree with the countess... Lucy needs a diet and maybe some walks along the beach for exercise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home