"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I put aside my private concerns about the venue of today's protest against gay marriage ban, and found an extremely vocal and lively bunch just one block from La Casa at City Hall.
Lo and behold, I found my dear society sister, Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish, under the spreading chestnut tree with her loyal followers. Under the guise of good will, she seemed the picture of concerned society, although I suspect she was just biding time until she could get to a gin hall which still recognized her credit.


Of course, the freaks were out and they reminded me about the Mormon Church's press release today saying they were being singled out by the gay mobsters. Seems to me that, if the Mormon Church wasn't so anti-gay, they might escape focus and on such an organization there draws so much. That church would seem to be crossing the line in the separation of church and state. It's probably time to start burning them down.


I knew The People's Mayor, Matti, was in the house when I spotted her signature Cadillac with the tire on the trunk in the crowd.


And, sure enough, she was there with her rainbow fan. With all her duties and pressures, she turned to me and asked how Leopoldo was; THAT is a leader. Plus, she had a groovy top.





After the mayor, our favorite captain of The Poles, Marc, took control of the crowd and we were left very happy indeed.




2 Comments:

At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had an excellent turnout in Ft. Lauderdale. My fave sign: "If you're against same sex marriage, just don't marry someone of the same sex." Makes sense to me.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matti was awesome! I was so happy to see you and Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish there too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home