"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, January 08, 2009

A bad start of the new year... One of South Beach's most beloved bartenders, Terry from Twist, was killed this morning. The details are very much lacking and, if I know this town as well as I suspect I do, they will be slow in coming forth. Unpleasant things like murder and rape are seldom reported here unless they are of the Versace calibur; there is an unwritten agreement between the police and the press to sweep nasties under the carpet. Nothing ever goes wrong in paradise.

9 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

This is terrible news. Please keep us posted.

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for yourloss at such a time of unexplainable tragedy.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Connie Chung said...

Terry committed suicide, not murder

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Tragic, either way.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been trying to discern which would be more horrifying, murder or suicide, and I hate that I'm even thinking such thoughts. What a terrible start to the new year.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Connie Chung said...

there is a big difference, suicide..he chose to die...murder, he had no choice.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I bloody know the difference between suicide and murder, you nitwit. 1. It is tragic anyway. and, 2. There still is no mention of it in the papers.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger natalie Newman said...

Always a pleasure to be around Terry and he will be missed. He is a wonderful man and that never changes. I am so sorry for his sadness and misfortune.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Behind all of our facades exists something that has cracks no one can see; I will miss Terry, and always wonder why this happened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home